WOOL CARPET CARECare for your wool carpet the way it deserves
Caring for Wool Carpet
If you own wool carpet, you know how beautiful–and how expensive–they can be. In order to keep them looking nice, they require special care. Luckily North American Chem-Dry’s carpet cleaning experts are here to share their best tips for wool carpet care with you.
Expert Wool Carpet Care
- Keep dirt and stains away. There are many ways you can prevent stains before they even reach your wool carpets. One great idea is to keep mats at the entrances to your home. These don’t just look great, they’ll catch dirt before it gets tracked it. Be sure to take off your shoes before you walk on the carpet as well. It’s also advised to frequently change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems, which keep dust and dirt out of the air and thus out of your carpets.
- Establish a cleaning routine. You should’t just vacuum your carpets when they start to look dirty. Dirt and dust settles deep within the carpets, and it’s only once you’ve accumulated a lot that you can begin to see it. Stay on top of this by vacuuming frequently. An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing.
- Clean frequent traffic areas and the carpet in front of furniture often. These areas see more foot traffic and thus more dirt than the rest of the of the house, so they need to be vacuumed and cleaned more frequently than the rest of your carpet.
- Handle spills when they occur. Always keep paper towels (with no print, as dye can transfer to your carpet) and cleaning solution easily accessible so that when a spill does occur, you can handle it before it sets and becomes a spill. This will save you a lot of headache.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
If your wool carpets haven’t cleaned in a while or you’ve got stains, call North American Chem-Dry today! Our experts will handle your wool carpets with the absolute best care!
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout San Francisco and San Mateo County including Daly City, Pacifica, Belmont, San Bruno, Millbrae, Brisbane, Hillsborough, San Mateo, Foster City, Redwood City, Woodside, Atherton, Menlo Park & West Menlo Park.