PET URINE ODOR REMOVALProfessional pet urine stain & odor removal in San Francisco
Remove Pet Urine & Odors in Carpet
We’d all like to pretend that our pets are perfect and never make a mess. However, sometimes accidents happen, even for the best-trained pets. When these accidents involve urine and your carpet, it’s important to take care of the mess quickly and correctly. If left, the urine smell will seep into the carpet pad and flooring underneath the carpet and become almost impossible to remove.
Luckily, thanks to North American Chem-Dry, it’s quick and easy to take care of these stains. Our revolutionary P.U.R.T (Pet Urine Removal Treatment) service can eliminate stains and smells from even the most stubborn cases of urine in carpets.
The Dangers of Pet Urine in Carpet:
When your pet urinates on the carpet, the mess and smell doesn’t just stay on the tops of the carpet fibers. Over time, it will seep lower and lower until it has reached the backing of the carpet and even the flooring beneath the carpet. At this point, the smell and stain become almost impossible to remove. Unfortunately, many pets will smell this and do their business in the same spot over and over again, because it smells like their territory. This buildup can cause serious damage to your carpet and flooring, and an even worse smell in your home. To make matters worse, as the urine dries the liquid evaporates, but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors.
That’s why Chem-Dry developed P.U.R.T.® to handle these hard to clean stains and smells, When P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T.® Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.*
- P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.*
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
*Additional charges may apply for services based on your unique situation and the amount of time and cleaning solution is required to remove the pet odors.
Schedule a P.U.R.T Appointment Today
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout San Francisco and San Mateo County including Daly City, Pacifica, Belmont, San Bruno, Millbrae, Brisbane, Hillsborough, San Mateo, Foster City, Redwood City, Woodside, Atherton, Menlo Park & West Menlo Park.